Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad restore after update

After trying to update my iPad to iOS 14 it is telling me to restore. What do I do. I do not have a laptop or computer

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 5:30 AM

If your iPad indicates that it must be restored, you have no alternative other than to connect your iPad to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

If you don’t a have computer of your own, subject to the correct software being installed, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be delighted to assist.

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iOS or iPadOS device in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 5:30 AM in response to mamiluz

If your iPad indicates that it must be restored, you have no alternative other than to connect your iPad to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

If you don’t a have computer of your own, subject to the correct software being installed, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be delighted to assist.

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iOS or iPadOS device in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

iPad restore after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.