Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iOS 14 and apple watch OS 7 why the apple watch is not tracking my sleep after schedule?

Hi,

I have updated my iPhone 6s+ and apple watch 5 both to recent release iOS14 and watch OS7 respectively. And I have scheduled my sleep schedule from 23.00 to 07.30 and started wearing my apple watch in bed.

It actually tracks my sleep activity very well, but I tend to sleep even after the schedule of 07.30 in the morning. And seems the apple watch is not tracking any sleep data after the sleep schedule end, even if we do.

And I have tried to turn the sleep mode on (the bed icon from the control center in watch) if I continue sleeping. But that too not tracks my sleep. So I have to add the data manually.

so help me understand how this things works, and how to make my watch track my sleep beyond scheduled time. Thanks

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 11:29 PM

Eventually I tried couple of things and found this could give you solution on the concern.

Turn off the "Wake-up" Alarm on your sleep schedule. So that you will be notified for Winding-up on your schedule start, and you will not get wake up alarm and the Watch keeps tracking your sleep until you wake.

Upon your wake, your watch will give you notification to turn it off the sleep tracking or you want to continue.

In case if you need a wake up alarm you can set up one in the clock application as a default one. So that you wont interrupt the sleep track even if you sleep after your alarm.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 11:29 PM in response to vinu143

Eventually I tried couple of things and found this could give you solution on the concern.

Turn off the "Wake-up" Alarm on your sleep schedule. So that you will be notified for Winding-up on your schedule start, and you will not get wake up alarm and the Watch keeps tracking your sleep until you wake.

Upon your wake, your watch will give you notification to turn it off the sleep tracking or you want to continue.

In case if you need a wake up alarm you can set up one in the clock application as a default one. So that you wont interrupt the sleep track even if you sleep after your alarm.

In iOS 14 and apple watch OS 7 why the apple watch is not tracking my sleep after schedule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.