Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keynote: animate slide with opening curtain movie to have curtain open to reveal text

Using Keynote 10.1 I inserted on a slide an mp4 movie of a red stage curtain opening horizontally (from center to left and right simultaneously) onto a black background. I have a second slide with text (white font on black background) that I want to be revealed as the curtain opens, or if that is impossible as soon as possible after the curtain finishes opening. I imagine that a "magic move" is what I need to do (?) and I have studied tutorials on how it works, but I need detailed advice about what to do for my opening curtain problem. Thank you.

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 7:54 AM

• place the video and then place the text box on the same slide
  • click on the text box to select it
  • go to: Inspector > Animate > Build In
  • click the Add an Effect button and select wipe
  • click on Build Order button
  • in the build order list, click the text box entry - in the Start drop down box select; With Build 1

test and adjust as necessary

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 7:54 AM in response to shonandan

• place the video and then place the text box on the same slide
  • click on the text box to select it
  • go to: Inspector > Animate > Build In
  • click the Add an Effect button and select wipe
  • click on Build Order button
  • in the build order list, click the text box entry - in the Start drop down box select; With Build 1

test and adjust as necessary

keynote: animate slide with opening curtain movie to have curtain open to reveal text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.