You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ituins encrypt backup password

Plz sir last time i put a encrypted backup on my pc.. while restoring its says incorrect password what to do sir im getting trouble plz help me plz. I know the password as well bt its didnt works

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 1:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 1:22 AM

You do not remember your encrypted backup password, I can understand.

You do not remember having created an encrypted backup, I can understand this also.

This means iCloud Key chain was checked while creating the encrypted backup, because by default it is checked.

Look for it in iCloud Keychain.

Did you un-check keychain while creating the encrypted password (By default it is checked) See the pic below.

If you had un-checked then the only option that you have is, keep trying various passwords as there is no limit on number of attempts.

You may have forgotten that you had entered a password. --> About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2020 1:22 AM in response to binod179

You do not remember your encrypted backup password, I can understand.

You do not remember having created an encrypted backup, I can understand this also.

This means iCloud Key chain was checked while creating the encrypted backup, because by default it is checked.

Look for it in iCloud Keychain.

Did you un-check keychain while creating the encrypted password (By default it is checked) See the pic below.

If you had un-checked then the only option that you have is, keep trying various passwords as there is no limit on number of attempts.

You may have forgotten that you had entered a password. --> About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

Ituins encrypt backup password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.