You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of DROPBOX?

I installed DROPBOX from their website yesterday and it has taken over my iMac - for example my Time Machine no longer works. I need to get rid of DROPBOX but I can't find a way to do that. This is urgent because my iMac is just about useless as it is. Please help.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 4:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2020 6:22 AM in response to Jeff Reeves

Jeff Reeves wrote:

I installed DROPBOX from their website yesterday and it has taken over my iMac - for example my Time Machine no longer works. I need to get rid of DROPBOX but I can't find a way to do that. This is urgent because my iMac is just about useless as it is. Please help.

iMac useless(?) does not really describe the issue...

Dropbox is typically not an issue.

Sep 23, 2020 3:06 AM in response to Jeff Reeves

Thanks Budegar,

I found the uninstall-dropbox quite tricky but I got there in the end. I then found there was more work to be done because dropbox had re-organised some of my files and folders. After trying to get everything back as it was I found Pages could not open the file I asked for because it was in the bin. I then spent some time moving files and folders out of the bin. I was mistaken about Time Machine not working. I have not used it to retrieve old documents for some time and had forgotten the details.

Jeff

How do I get rid of DROPBOX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.