Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option to disable Tapback notifications / mute alerts for iMessage reactions

Hi there- Is there a way to disable Tapback notifications? I find them particularly unnecessary in group messages because there tends to be that one person who decides to catch up and read the group’s messages all at once and feels the need to react to EACH AND EVERY MESSAGE! I would prefer to not receive a notification every time someone reacts to an image or a message, especially if it isn't my own. I know I could just mute the entire group, but I don't want to miss out on other messages. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 3:15 PM

Hello SheeshCA,

It sounds like you need to understand if there is a way to mute tap back notifications within your message threads. We understand the want to manipulate your notifications to reflect your desired configurations.

In this case, that is not a capability of your device.

To reference the notifications you have the ability to manipulate please refer to: Change notification settings on iPhone

We hope that helps and appreciate you reaching out to Apple Support Communites. If we have misunderstood you or haven't captured the issue completely please feel free to correct us.

Be well!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2020 3:15 PM in response to SheeshCA

Hello SheeshCA,

It sounds like you need to understand if there is a way to mute tap back notifications within your message threads. We understand the want to manipulate your notifications to reflect your desired configurations.

In this case, that is not a capability of your device.

To reference the notifications you have the ability to manipulate please refer to: Change notification settings on iPhone

We hope that helps and appreciate you reaching out to Apple Support Communites. If we have misunderstood you or haven't captured the issue completely please feel free to correct us.

Be well!

Option to disable Tapback notifications / mute alerts for iMessage reactions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.