Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail reply button or cmd-r barely works

MBP. catalina. in the mac mail app, cmd-r for reply and the reply button itself, sometimes take 3-4 tries before working. this seems to be better after a re-boot, but it gets ridiculous, when i hit the reply button or cmd-r and strat typing only to find out i'm not.

anyone else having this problem?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 4:54 AM

well, i solved my one problem. Mail app does not open a reply window on 1st or 2nd try when using a 2nd monitor on a MBP. i always keep mai to the side, but just now have it on the main screen. i replied 1st try to several emails. move it to 2nd monitor: doesn't work.

4 replies

Sep 29, 2020 7:49 AM in response to marc cardwell

marc cardwell wrote:

well, i solved my one problem. Mail app does not open a reply window on 1st or 2nd try when using a 2nd monitor on a MBP. i always keep mai to the side, but just now have it on the main screen. i replied 1st try to several emails. move it to 2nd monitor: doesn't work.

You can file a bug report here: Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Sep 22, 2020 10:36 AM in response to marc cardwell

marc cardwell wrote:

MBP. catalina. in the mac mail app, cmd-r for reply and the reply button itself, sometimes take 3-4 tries before working. this seems to be better after a re-boot, but it gets ridiculous, when i hit the reply button or cmd-r and strat typing only to find out i'm not.

anyone else having this problem?

No.

mail reply button or cmd-r barely works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.