Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time

My family has two iPads for the kids and an iPhone used by my husband. They all use my Apple ID. We are trying to set up screen time limit on the kids iPad. We had a screen time passcode that I forgot. I was able to use my Apple ID to change the passcode on one iPad but whenever I try to on the other iPad it doesn’t work. Every time I put in the Apple ID and password instead of asking for me to create new passcode, it increases the # of failed attempt and ask me to wait to try again. This iPad is also set up as the organizer in family sharing instead of my husband’s phone so my kid is able to buy and change stuff since he knows my Apple ID password. I want to know how I can start over- I want to make the iPhone the organizer and use it to control screen time.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 6:47 PM

You need to disband the existing family using the steps in the article below. The new organizer can then set up the new family and invite the family members to join the new family. If there are children under 13 years old, the new organizer needs to leave the existing family, set up the new family, and then the under 13 years old children can be transferred to the new family. Then disband the old family and join the new family.

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support     

Family Sharing - Leave.          

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 6:47 PM in response to Kid_bedrivin

You need to disband the existing family using the steps in the article below. The new organizer can then set up the new family and invite the family members to join the new family. If there are children under 13 years old, the new organizer needs to leave the existing family, set up the new family, and then the under 13 years old children can be transferred to the new family. Then disband the old family and join the new family.

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support     

Family Sharing - Leave.          

Screen time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.