📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple doesn't recognize my serial number

I've typed my serial number into a field a few times in order to get support and Apple tells me it's not valid. I've checked the digits and they are correct.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 6:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 10:47 AM

I entered the serial number once and got that response. I double checked to make sure it was correct and it was. I re-entered I and again got the response that it was invalid. I didn’t enter it multiple times

4 replies

Sep 29, 2020 8:40 AM in response to xfitmaniac

Hello xfitmaniac,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

It appears that you have entered your serial number several times and are getting a message that it isn't valid. We would recommend taking a look at the following support article to make sure that the number you are looking at is the serial number for your device. Remember, Apple may use the number "0" in a serial number, but never the letter "O".

Find the serial number of your Apple hardware product - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues with the serial number not being recognized, you can contact Apple Support directly for additional assistance.

Best regards.

Apple doesn't recognize my serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.