Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Controller fro iPad

I am using the absolute RC simulator APP, I would like to hook up a manual 2 stick controller for an RC helicopter to to use with an iPad to control the helicopter, what controller would I need to get and are there any special cables to hook it up?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 6:27 AM

If the Simulator App supports connection to an external controller - the App (or the documentation provided by the Developer) will detail the compatible controllers. Some games/simulators allow you to use Game Controllers.

Connect a wireless game controller to your Apple device – Apple Support

You should note that the App must provide explicit support for the Controller. You cannot just connect the Controller and expect it to work with all Apps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 6:27 AM in response to Velorider

If the Simulator App supports connection to an external controller - the App (or the documentation provided by the Developer) will detail the compatible controllers. Some games/simulators allow you to use Game Controllers.

Connect a wireless game controller to your Apple device – Apple Support

You should note that the App must provide explicit support for the Controller. You cannot just connect the Controller and expect it to work with all Apps.

Sep 23, 2020 9:17 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for the reply but perhaps you are not understanding what I am asking or please forgive me if I am not sure how to ask the question, but will try again.

1) There is an Apple app called Absolute RC Simulator, it’s free, you download it from Apple and you use the flat surface of the iPad to control via a left and right control stick, using each thumb. You can control 1 thing at a time. This could be an RC Helicopter, RC Plane, RC Boat and perhaps other things. My thumbs are hurting badly using the control sticks on the flat screen of the iPad for control of the helicopter.

2) I am looking to see if anyone knows if there is a controller out there you hold in you hands that would be able to connect to the iPad and control the helicopter on this app? If so what brand and model of controller would it be? Thanks fro any guidance on this, it’s much appreciated!

Controller fro iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.