Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My storage is full

Can you help me to remove my pictures

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 9:34 PM

Welcome, yarol, to Apple Support Communities!

Look at Settings->General->iPhone storage. That gives you some options to reduce storage consumption.

Please see How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

In addition to the above, you will, almost certainly, need to follow the instructions in the document Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support, including making sure your iOS is up to date (13.7 or 14).

If you do choose to delete pictures, from you iPhone, remember:

1. Pictures within Photos may be shared on iCloud, such as iCloud Photos. However, deleting them within Photos will delete them both from your iPhone and from iCloud.
  2. Deleted photos are not removed right away: they are moved to the Photos’ Recently Deleted folder, where they will typically stay for 30 days, in case you deleted them by mistake or change your mind.
  3. You can remove your photos immediately by deleting them from the Recently Deleted folder. (That permanently removes them from iCloud, as well.

Please let us know how this all goes for you, or if you need any additional help!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 9:34 PM in response to yarol

Welcome, yarol, to Apple Support Communities!

Look at Settings->General->iPhone storage. That gives you some options to reduce storage consumption.

Please see How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

In addition to the above, you will, almost certainly, need to follow the instructions in the document Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support, including making sure your iOS is up to date (13.7 or 14).

If you do choose to delete pictures, from you iPhone, remember:

1. Pictures within Photos may be shared on iCloud, such as iCloud Photos. However, deleting them within Photos will delete them both from your iPhone and from iCloud.
  2. Deleted photos are not removed right away: they are moved to the Photos’ Recently Deleted folder, where they will typically stay for 30 days, in case you deleted them by mistake or change your mind.
  3. You can remove your photos immediately by deleting them from the Recently Deleted folder. (That permanently removes them from iCloud, as well.

Please let us know how this all goes for you, or if you need any additional help!

My storage is full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.