Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS update to iOS14 - Lost sound on all WhatApp Calls and Video Calls

Hi All,

Recently updated my iOS to iOS14, but in that space and time, I have lost audio on WhatsApp Calls and Video Calls.

I can send voice notes and they work, I can make normal cellular calls, etc.

It seems more of a bug issue, than Hardware issue.

Also, I recently paired my Apple SE to my phone yesterday, but I doubt that will interfere?

Anyone else, experiencing this? Is it WhatsApp or iOS14.

Thank you.

Sam

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 2:15 AM

15 replies

Sep 25, 2020 8:24 AM in response to SamA_23

Hi All,

Experiencing the current issues with iPhone iOS 14 or WhatsApp itself (still unknown, who's causing it) and Samsung mobiles.

If you have recently updated and audio is still working perfectly fine;

Playing music, Instagram, Snapchat, etc and you can send voice notes via WhatsApp to Samsung phones.

This is most likely due to WhatsApp update or Samsung OS being out of date.

Please make sure all software on both devices are update to and you hard reset your phone - iPhone and Samsung.

As now, I can take voice calls with my Dad's Samsung phone via WhatsApp.

Kind Regards,

Sam.

Sep 30, 2020 8:07 AM in response to PEM24

PEM24 wrote:

How did you fix it? I have the same problem!

If you read all the replies...

I have mentioned the following, that I carried out

Hi All,

Experiencing the current issues with iPhone iOS 14 or WhatsApp itself (still unknown, who's causing it) and Samsung mobiles.
If you have recently updated and audio is still working perfectly fine;
Playing music, Instagram, Snapchat, etc and you can send voice notes via WhatsApp to Samsung phones.

This is most likely due to WhatsApp update or Samsung OS being out of date.
Please make sure all software on both devices are up to date and hard reset your phone(s) - iPhone and Samsung.

As now, I can take voice calls with my Dad's Samsung phone via WhatsApp.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Sam

iPhone XS update to iOS14 - Lost sound on all WhatApp Calls and Video Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.