Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silence under Do Not Disturb

Under the Do Not Disturb in settings, why can I only chose "always" or "while iPhone is locked" for silence? What if I don't want calls silenced ever? Lately, even with my volume on, my phone never rings when I'm receiving a phone call. It's very frustrating!

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 7:14 AM

The whole point of do not disturb is to not be disturbed. If you want your phone to ring for all incoming calls, you don't need to turn on do not disturb. That said, if there are callers you want to come through even if DND is turned on, see this link --> Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 7:14 AM in response to julieza

The whole point of do not disturb is to not be disturbed. If you want your phone to ring for all incoming calls, you don't need to turn on do not disturb. That said, if there are callers you want to come through even if DND is turned on, see this link --> Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Silence under Do Not Disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.