Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back up network if I do not know wifi or network password? Hel

How to back up wifi if I dont know assword?

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 12:38 PM

Until you know the Wi-Fi password—and nobody here knows that, and nobody here can look up that password for you—you can't back up using the Wi-Fi network.

Contact the folks that configured your Wi-Fi network.

if you installed the Wi-Fi network, you purchased the Wi-Fi router box and you established the password. If you've forgotten, you'll have to find that password elsewhere, or reset your Wi-Fi network to clear the password.

If your internet service provider set up the Wi-Fi router box for you, check with them for the password.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 12:38 PM in response to Angelina2020

Until you know the Wi-Fi password—and nobody here knows that, and nobody here can look up that password for you—you can't back up using the Wi-Fi network.

Contact the folks that configured your Wi-Fi network.

if you installed the Wi-Fi network, you purchased the Wi-Fi router box and you established the password. If you've forgotten, you'll have to find that password elsewhere, or reset your Wi-Fi network to clear the password.

If your internet service provider set up the Wi-Fi router box for you, check with them for the password.

Sep 23, 2020 12:54 PM in response to Angelina2020

Angelina2020 wrote:

How to back up wifi if I dont know assword?

You would want to ask whoever is maintaining the Wi-Fi network for the Wi-Fi network name and password.

If you have another computer with access such as a Mac, you might be able to look up the password there.

If this is your network and you’ve forgotten the Wi-Fi password, the password reset options vary by vendor and model.

If you wish to discuss resetting the Wi-Fi network, we’ll need ro know the vendor and model of the Wi-Fi router.

How do I back up network if I do not know wifi or network password? Hel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.