Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting duplicates from photos on cloud

I have more than 24,000 photos on the Cloud. I have the smaller copies on my MacBook Pro. I want to delete lots of them. I have been told that I need to delete them on the Cloud to ensure that they are gone. I am looking for an app or shortcut to

#1 identify duplicates

#2 identify very similar photos

to reduce the overall numbers.

Can you please tell me the best way to do this. I'm ok with a 3rd party app if that will help.

My second problem is that I have lots of selfies in my photos - produced by my darling grandchildren. It would help to be able to identify them but the Cloud Media Album doesn't include that option while the Media Album on my computer does. But if I delete them on my computer it won't get rid of them on the Cloud. Help please!!!!!

MacBook

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 1:36 AM

If you are setup to sync your computer with Icloud, then if you delete pictures on your Mac, they will also delete on Icloud. (To fully delete, you will also need to remove them from the recently deleted album)

Regarding an app to identify duplicates - powerphotos will do most of that, but it is not free.

Overall, be very carful to only delete what you genuinely don't want. When they are gone, they are gone. I would suggest backing up all your images first.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 1:36 AM in response to dinnyfromhamden

If you are setup to sync your computer with Icloud, then if you delete pictures on your Mac, they will also delete on Icloud. (To fully delete, you will also need to remove them from the recently deleted album)

Regarding an app to identify duplicates - powerphotos will do most of that, but it is not free.

Overall, be very carful to only delete what you genuinely don't want. When they are gone, they are gone. I would suggest backing up all your images first.

deleting duplicates from photos on cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.