Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APN : Switching between Apple ID's

We have our APN cert that will have to be renewed this year. Problem is the technician who originally set this up, we will no longer have access to their Apple ID to renew.

To upload a new cert to our MDM solution users will have to re-enroll. With COVID-19 we don't have the on-site support to work with individual iOS devices across our entire state.

I've created a new managed appleID that can be used by our approved admins so anyone approved can renew if needed and it's not tied down to a single person.

Can Apple help move that APN cert from Account-A to Account-B?

Servers/Datacom

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 5:48 AM

When it comes to Apple Business Manager in general, what's the best "Category" to put these questions in? Since it forces you to choose. I figured this would come up. I'm trying the forums before I spend 3 hours on the phone with apple.

Or alternatively do these forums have an admin that could help route this to the proper forum? If not then I'll just go find APN posts and start posting in them to bring them back up to the top.

Resolution for proper ticking: So the other response isn't accepted as a "solution" because it's not. For anyone else having issues with Apple Business Manager, Education and Business is the proper place. As for categories, as long as it's placed in there someone will answer. Also for reference for other users there is no direct line number for their enterprise anymore that doesn't send you through automated messages.

So this thread can let sink down in with the others. Thank you.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 5:48 AM in response to Antonio Rocco

When it comes to Apple Business Manager in general, what's the best "Category" to put these questions in? Since it forces you to choose. I figured this would come up. I'm trying the forums before I spend 3 hours on the phone with apple.

Or alternatively do these forums have an admin that could help route this to the proper forum? If not then I'll just go find APN posts and start posting in them to bring them back up to the top.

Resolution for proper ticking: So the other response isn't accepted as a "solution" because it's not. For anyone else having issues with Apple Business Manager, Education and Business is the proper place. As for categories, as long as it's placed in there someone will answer. Also for reference for other users there is no direct line number for their enterprise anymore that doesn't send you through automated messages.

So this thread can let sink down in with the others. Thank you.

Sep 24, 2020 4:11 AM in response to Shazbot235

You're not talking to Apple here, we're all users just like you. Your question is not specific to this forum which is for an entirely different Apple product called Apple Remote Desktop. ARD is best described here:

https://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/index.html

Apple Remote Desktop is not an MDM.

Not that I know but I think your question is better put to your Apple Representative - the one you discussed your managed AppleID with.

APN : Switching between Apple ID's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.