Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail notification send mail 37,4 MB does not disappear

In my screen for mail I see a notification that a mail or mails are send by a total of 37,4 MB.

Above a blue stripe is visible that seems to indicate a mail is till being send. How can I check if there is any mail not send of how can I solve this and get rid of this message

See down in the screenshot the notification: "bericht versturen 37,4 MB"

In dutch my question:

ik zie onder in mijn beeldscherm van de mail de tekst:

bericht versturen 37,4 MB. Inclusief een blauw streepje er boven. Hoort dat of hangt er ergens een veel te grote mail? Maar hoe kan ik dat checken of oplossen?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 7:41 AM

That is likely too large, disconnect from the Internet until Mail fails & you can delete it.

Limits on sending messages 

There are several safeguards in place to make sure that only iCloud members can send messages using iCloud. One of these safeguards includes reasonable limits on:

• The total number of messages you can send each day (1000 messages)
  • The number of recipients you can message each day (1000 recipients)
  • The maximum number of recipients per message (500 recipients)
  • The size of incoming and outgoing messages (20MB, up to 5GB with Mail Drop turned on)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203093

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 7:41 AM in response to RedRoseF

That is likely too large, disconnect from the Internet until Mail fails & you can delete it.

Limits on sending messages 

There are several safeguards in place to make sure that only iCloud members can send messages using iCloud. One of these safeguards includes reasonable limits on:

• The total number of messages you can send each day (1000 messages)
  • The number of recipients you can message each day (1000 recipients)
  • The maximum number of recipients per message (500 recipients)
  • The size of incoming and outgoing messages (20MB, up to 5GB with Mail Drop turned on)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203093

mail notification send mail 37,4 MB does not disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.