Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notifications not working after ios14 update

My notifications are not coming up, and I’m not getting them on my watch either

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 4:36 AM

25 replies

Sep 26, 2020 10:40 AM in response to tashcatss

This shouldn’t even be an issue. We shouldn’t have to delete and reinstall apps just because of a flaw in an operating system that breaks notifications. Yet Apple “has no idea how to fix it?” Do they even recognize that it’s a problem with their OS, or are they just going to blame the apps? If it wasn’t for the quality of Apple's hardware and security, I would consider getting a Samsung/android.

Sep 26, 2020 10:53 AM in response to gman91478

It's been the same with every new version of iOS in the last few years. Lot's of attention on useless new wigdets and apps and little on basic funcionality. I usually wait until version .2 or .3, but I made the mistake of upgrading this time. There are more bugs than just the notification issue. Hopefully a couple more updates will fix most of the issues.

Oct 6, 2020 9:51 PM in response to gman91478

I reported it as well but have not heard anything since I did the reset/back up. I do not get notifications on the Home Screen, I.e. the red numbers. I did chat w/Apple on Sat and was told to do a reset & back up. Didn't change anything. But I do think it is in conflict with widgets. My first 2 screens icons are all from the photo widget and I have small & medium widgets & one stackable. And the rolling photo album which I love.

it must be due to the shortcuts used in making the widgets. My husband downloaded ios14 and has only 2 widgets. Still gets notifications. I'm missing phone calls & messages. Hopefully another upgrade will come soon.

Nov 6, 2020 5:28 PM in response to tashcatss

I just found this topic, as I didn't have this issue until iOS 14.1 in recent days and only on the Gmail and Blink (camera) apps--as far as I know. Amazon, Pulsepoint, Instagram, YouTube, Messages, iTunes Store, and other apps were all popping up notifications just fine. I upgraded to iOS 14.2 last night, restarted my iPhone X many times, switched DND and Notification settings off and on, etc., even tried to show the notifications on my Apple Watch, but nothing I did made any difference.

The fix, as mentioned above: I uninstalled the Gmail and Blink apps, then reinstalled and logged into each, both of which asked permission allow notifications. That was it, everything is now working properly.

My guess is either that notification permission flag is getting lost or something in the apps' own settings data is getting corrupted. Luckily, both of my troublemaker apps keep their settings cloud-side, so this fix is fairly easy.

Nov 17, 2020 3:36 PM in response to tashcatss

What the beep Apple! You keep messing up! Ever since YOU (yes, you Apple) decided to automatically force these **** upgrades I have more and more issues. And now this!!! I am not getting notifications when I get texts messages. There’s no App to delete like others suggested. This is my **** text messages. And sometimes I get them 24 hours later. Sometimes I don’t get them at all. Sometimes I get calls. Sometimes I don’t. My battery is drained when I don’t use it. Where’s my refund? You owe us new phones at this point and we all know you can afford it. This BS answer to you don’t know why or how or blah blah this happened from your agents is a joke. Then why have them there to help us in the first place? What do they know??? I’m sick of Apple and there **** excuses. Fix my phone already.

ok I’m done.

notifications not working after ios14 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.