Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer music from my iPad to iPhone without joining Apple Music. The music is all downloaded from my own cds

How can I transfer music from my iPad to iPhone without Apple Music subscription. The music is all downloaded from my own cds

iPad mini, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 7:28 AM

Hi Rudymutt,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you're interested in finding out if you can share the music which is on your iPad with your iPhone, without an Apple Music subscription.

To place music, which you've imported to a computer from your CDs, onto a device without an Apple Music subscription, you have two options. One is to sync that device with the computer which the music resides on.

If your music is on a PC, you'll want to follow these steps: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer.

If your music is on a Mac, you'll want to follow these steps: Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad.

The other option: iTunes Match. iTunes Match allows you to have access to all of your music across all your devices, like Apple Music, but without access to the entire Apple Music catalog. You can read more about it here: Subscribe to iTunes Match.

Any questions on those steps just message back.

Enjoy the day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 7:28 AM in response to Rudymutt

Hi Rudymutt,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you're interested in finding out if you can share the music which is on your iPad with your iPhone, without an Apple Music subscription.

To place music, which you've imported to a computer from your CDs, onto a device without an Apple Music subscription, you have two options. One is to sync that device with the computer which the music resides on.

If your music is on a PC, you'll want to follow these steps: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer.

If your music is on a Mac, you'll want to follow these steps: Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad.

The other option: iTunes Match. iTunes Match allows you to have access to all of your music across all your devices, like Apple Music, but without access to the entire Apple Music catalog. You can read more about it here: Subscribe to iTunes Match.

Any questions on those steps just message back.

Enjoy the day!

How to transfer music from my iPad to iPhone without joining Apple Music. The music is all downloaded from my own cds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.