Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted my husbands text messages to me Is there a way to retrieve them out of the cloud?

I accidentally deleted my husbands text messages to me Is there a way to retrieve them out of the cloud? Please say "YES"..

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 5:53 PM

No... when you delete messages, they are deleted across all your devices. It might be possible: shown below

If you had a backup that was created after that message was received, it may be possible

Only if you have a backup - Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Other than that, you could try contacting your cellular provider

or check iCloud.com

This situation, however, does look grim as it may be possible that the message is gone forever.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 5:53 PM in response to DiZeus

No... when you delete messages, they are deleted across all your devices. It might be possible: shown below

If you had a backup that was created after that message was received, it may be possible

Only if you have a backup - Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Other than that, you could try contacting your cellular provider

or check iCloud.com

This situation, however, does look grim as it may be possible that the message is gone forever.

Sep 24, 2020 6:11 PM in response to DiZeus

There are two kinds of backups. iCloud backup does sync deletions across devices and continuously changes as you add or delete content from your device. Standard backups through iTunes (On a computer) cannot be modified, thus whatever messages you have saved on that itunes backup should be available once you have restored to the respective file.

---However, if you've never manually done an standard backup to iTunes or Mac. That option does not exist. Standard backups are never automatic.---

Hopefully this answered your question. lmk if you have any other question or issue

The backup process on a Mac looks like this (on older OS's, its in itunes)

I accidentally deleted my husbands text messages to me Is there a way to retrieve them out of the cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.