Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change iTunes default view?

How To Set "View Options" For All Settings / Playlists In Music

I just upgraded to macOS Catalina -- 10.15.2 -- and therefor Music -- 1.0.2.37.

I want to personalize the View Options -- I like showing "Date Added," "Tack Numbers," and don't want "genre," etc.

Going to View / Show View Options" I can check various boxes

But the changes only apply to the view I'm in -- my "Songs" show this way but playlists still have "Genre," "Heart", "Plays," and don't have the other fields I like. And when I open playlists I created in iTunes my settings (which were there when created) aren't.

Is there a way to make my personalized View Options universal?

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 8:32 PM

4 replies

Sep 25, 2020 9:28 AM in response to ed2345

Thanks. My part two question is: when i make playlist there seems to be default columns, but it's very important to me to include "Ratings" but it seems like I have to add this column for every playlist, is there a way to permanently make sure the "Ratings" or other additional columns can be permanently represented?

How to change iTunes default view?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.