You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallet app on iPad pro

The wallet app is missing even though I have the wallet all set up in settings. How do I restore the app?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 12:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:55 AM

The Wallet App was never present on iPad - as it is an App intended (and only available) for iPhone. As such, it hasn’t disappeared from your iPad at all.

The Wallet App functions have dependency upon on NFC hardware that is only present on newer models of iPhone. As iPad lacks the necessary hardware, the Wallet App is not available for iPad.

However, Wallet & Apple Pay does appear in iPad Settings - providing a place that Credit Card payment details can be securely added to the iPad, these being for online e-commence payments via your web browser and/or supported third-party Apps.

I hope this explanation is helpful in clarifying both the purpose and availability of the Wallet App.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2020 1:55 AM in response to live2amaze

The Wallet App was never present on iPad - as it is an App intended (and only available) for iPhone. As such, it hasn’t disappeared from your iPad at all.

The Wallet App functions have dependency upon on NFC hardware that is only present on newer models of iPhone. As iPad lacks the necessary hardware, the Wallet App is not available for iPad.

However, Wallet & Apple Pay does appear in iPad Settings - providing a place that Credit Card payment details can be securely added to the iPad, these being for online e-commence payments via your web browser and/or supported third-party Apps.

I hope this explanation is helpful in clarifying both the purpose and availability of the Wallet App.

Wallet app on iPad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.