Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There was a problem connecting to the server “192.168.0.10” error message - iMac 2013 with macOS catalina

Hi, I get this error. "There was a problem connecting to the server “192.168.0.10”, it pops up 4 or 5 times before going away. My old router had an IP of 192.168.0....etc My new one has a different IP. How can I get rid of this message?

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 7:51 AM

At one point, you had a server (or a non-server device, performing as a server) that your Mac used to connect to at login that resided on that subnet. As BobTheFisherman has noted, you need to determine what is making that connection request.

Most likely, it will either be an app that was configured to connect or you have it being requested via your user login settings.

I suggest checking the latter first. To do so, Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items tab. Look for any login items, and review them to see if they are either still required and/or the likely culprit.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2020 7:51 AM in response to J@P

At one point, you had a server (or a non-server device, performing as a server) that your Mac used to connect to at login that resided on that subnet. As BobTheFisherman has noted, you need to determine what is making that connection request.

Most likely, it will either be an app that was configured to connect or you have it being requested via your user login settings.

I suggest checking the latter first. To do so, Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items tab. Look for any login items, and review them to see if they are either still required and/or the likely culprit.

There was a problem connecting to the server “192.168.0.10” error message - iMac 2013 with macOS catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.