Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to erase all data on a new iPhone, new one already set up. I don't have a passcode for the old phone. How do I erase it? I thought I had but I get options to restore data which I don't want to do. Thx

I want to erase all data on an old iPhone, new one is already set up. I didn't have a passcode for it. I thought I had erased everything but now it's prompting me to set up the old phone. What do I do next?

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 6:26 AM

Nothing. Once correctly erased, the prompt to again set up is correct.

That means there's nothing on it and must be set up to again be used. This leaves it ready for whoever gets it next to set it up from the beginning like you once did when you first bought it.

What were you expecting to see?

4 replies

Sep 25, 2020 6:28 AM in response to -tree-tree-

i hope this helps, if your able to get into the phone, you can go to settings, general, reset, and reset all data (tbh i dont remember exactly what setting it is, but you seem to know which one), but before, if you'd like, you can sign out of everything and delete your apps from the phone, sign out of icloud, maybe even delete the phone from icloud, etc, but just be careful with some things like notes because if those are deleted from that phone and they sync over icloud, it'll be deleted from every phone, also if you want you can hook it up to a computer and delete it from there (i believe you can by using a computer)

I want to erase all data on a new iPhone, new one already set up. I don't have a passcode for the old phone. How do I erase it? I thought I had but I get options to restore data which I don't want to do. Thx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.