Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updates

My iPad will not update because it says I am not connected to the internet. I am connected to my internet.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 7:09 AM

I suggest that you start with a reset of your iPad Network Settings:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

If this reset fails to resolve the problem, it is possible that your WiFi router is unexpectedly blocking access to some internet/server resources - which might be resolved by a restart of your router.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

It is also possible that your currently selected DNS servers(s) are not resolving, or a blocking, some resource addresses. Changing your DNS Server IP Addresses might resolve this problem.

For recommended DNS servers (configured at your home router and/or your iPad), if only as a diagnostic tool, you might choose one of the following Recursive DNS Providers (IPv4 and IPv6 addresses included below). Where your local network is dual-stack, you should enter both the IPv4 and IPv6 redundant server addresses.

Quad9

2620:fe::fe

2620:fe::9

OpenDNS

2620:0:ccc::2

2620:0:ccd::2

Cloudflare+APNIC

2606:4700:4700::1111

2606:4700:4700::1001

If restart of your home router - or changing your DNS Server settings do not resolve the issue, you should directly contact Apple Support for assistance

Should it be necessary to escalate your issue to Apple Support, the quickest route to engaging with Apple Support will be via the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate a support case using the Apple Support App:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving the issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2020 7:09 AM in response to Tweety4me

I suggest that you start with a reset of your iPad Network Settings:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

If this reset fails to resolve the problem, it is possible that your WiFi router is unexpectedly blocking access to some internet/server resources - which might be resolved by a restart of your router.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

It is also possible that your currently selected DNS servers(s) are not resolving, or a blocking, some resource addresses. Changing your DNS Server IP Addresses might resolve this problem.

For recommended DNS servers (configured at your home router and/or your iPad), if only as a diagnostic tool, you might choose one of the following Recursive DNS Providers (IPv4 and IPv6 addresses included below). Where your local network is dual-stack, you should enter both the IPv4 and IPv6 redundant server addresses.

Quad9

2620:fe::fe

2620:fe::9

OpenDNS

2620:0:ccc::2

2620:0:ccd::2

Cloudflare+APNIC

2606:4700:4700::1111

2606:4700:4700::1001

If restart of your home router - or changing your DNS Server settings do not resolve the issue, you should directly contact Apple Support for assistance

Should it be necessary to escalate your issue to Apple Support, the quickest route to engaging with Apple Support will be via the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate a support case using the Apple Support App:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving the issue.

Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.