Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

privacy warning on WiFi

The message “privacy warning”appears by the WiFi. And it says the network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic. What does that mean and how do I fix it?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 10:11 AM

I am still seeing it on 14.0.1 unfortunately.

It seems it is related to DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH) and DNS-over-TLS (DoT). I am not sure if the Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 or ASUS ZenWiFi AX Tri-Band supports either of them. It would be nice if Apple got back in the router business. The Airports were just so easy to set up and kept up to date.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2020 10:11 AM in response to macluvsme

I am still seeing it on 14.0.1 unfortunately.

It seems it is related to DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH) and DNS-over-TLS (DoT). I am not sure if the Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 or ASUS ZenWiFi AX Tri-Band supports either of them. It would be nice if Apple got back in the router business. The Airports were just so easy to set up and kept up to date.

privacy warning on WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.