Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small Dust in Rear Camera Len

I have recently bought a new iPad Pro 11 2020 activated on 23rd September 2020. After two days I noticed that there is a small dust in rear camera lens. Actually it’s annoying. I have spent thousands of dollars on it but unfortunately it is not satisfied. I would like to ask for your comments and solutions. Is it technical error during assembled or anything else? Is it normally happened in 1/100 pieces. I hope you understand and give me some explanation, thanks in advance.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 9:46 PM

You should contact actual Apple Support personnel through the "Contact Support" link at the top right corner of this page. They can either get the issue resolved (probably by swapping it for another device) or get you a refund within 14 days if you purchased direct from Apple.

5 replies

Sep 25, 2020 7:53 AM in response to sopharith168

tbh I'd suggest you actually contact apple directly about this but to mention, maybe try cleaning it with a cloth or something, but honestly i cant really say much because sadly there isn't much us consumers can do other than go to apple for help. i also want to mention that most of the time they are really nice at an apple store so if you want a good response and didnt get the answer you wanted after asking apple support about this, i'd suggest going to an apple store because most of the time if anything they can actually doing things their not supposed to, like cutting the price of a repair in half or maybe even not making you pay at all (although VERY rare), and sometimes in some circumstances if their not supposed to repair a problem, they'll do it anyways, but, for the most part, you cant really sadly do anything besides cleaning it with a cloth unless you go to apple themselves and ask for help

Sep 26, 2020 10:13 AM in response to sopharith168

well honestly if you do talk with a person at an apple store they'd probably do something about it whether they're allowed to or not just because of how soon you got it and like, you know, all that, it's worth a shot tbh, but as far as i know, i don't believe they have anything specific their told to do in situations like this, and also do be aware, upon looking it up, its a very odd situation because it'd have to be a lot of dust, a big spec of dust, or just in the wrong spot for the dust to actually do something (in this case it sounds like its either something that isn't dust but still a problem, or just in the worst possible spot (knowing human's bad luck in general)), do you have any way of showing me what exactly this looks like? so basically in conclusion, apple will probably, hopefully do something, but also it'd matter exactly what this dust looks like, if you can i'd like to see where it's at or maybe if you cant see it but in a photo you can notice it then maybe take a photo with the iPad and show me, but that part's entirely up to you, it's just more so of a curiosity thing but again, if you don't want to you don't have to, but anyways remember you can always reply if you need any more and i and everyone else are always here if needed (and of course if you need more, you can always ask more, don't worry) (ok sorry if my paragraph is a little hard to read, i tried editing something but then it required me to alter some other parts and no it doesn't sound as "fluid" i don't think, if this is true than sorry, but you can (hopefully) still understand it)

Small Dust in Rear Camera Len

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.