Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Problem

I received an update to macOS Catalina 10.15.7 but won't finish. computer turns off, back on, says it's installed then back to an update is available for your mac

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 11:27 AM

See if you can download and apply this combo updater: macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Combo Update. The combo updaters are generally easier to use and, I've found, more reliable.

6 replies

Sep 25, 2020 2:30 PM in response to Old Toad

In my continuation of other possibilities I found that I just might not have enough memory on my hard drive as I share it with Parallels. I’m going through and deleting very old pictures/documents/etc gaining memory and when I’m done I will try again. If this doesn’t help, I will give your suggestion a try. Thank u

M_Tigger

Sep 25, 2020 3:19 PM in response to My_Tigger

Just so we're on the same page and not misinterpreting what you're referring to the space on your drive is referred to as free space. Memory is the 8 to XX GBs that are added at the time of purchase or, for 27" models, afterward by the user.

Generally it is recommended to maintain a minimum of 25-30 GB of free space on your boot drive for optimal system and application performance. If one uses Photoshop or Photoshop Elements which needs a lot of temporary cache space on scratch disks then more free space is even better.

Updating Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.