Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 both cameras intermittently not working even after installing 14.0.1

The camera app will show just the controls and both cameras wont work. When I restart the phone it will work consistently but then stops again. When I try a FT call the front camera seems to work fine but when I switch to the rear camera It says the camera is being used by another application. My phone has plenty of memory available. This started when I upgraded to iOS 14. I tried the 14.2 Beta to see if the problem had been addressed. I then restored and have 14.0.1 installed. My flashlight works fine which leads me to believe I have having a different issue than others. Also of note my camera was replaced at an Apple Store about a year ago and I have had no issues with it until I installed 14. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 12:57 PM

3 replies

Oct 3, 2020 12:35 PM in response to skolvikes

Hello skolvikes,

It sounds like your iPhone's camera isn't working as expected.

Other than the Camera and FaceTime apps, does it work with other apps that can access the camera?

If you're having an issue with multiple apps including the Camera app, you'd want to reach out to Apple Support to have this looked into further. You can reach them with the link below.

Get Support

Regards.

iphone 7 both cameras intermittently not working even after installing 14.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.