📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPN with shortcut

Is there a way to activate VPN setting with a shortcut?

I want to turn on my computer at work with my iPhone 7 IOS 14.0.1. I have found a nice app that allows me to wake it on LAN, but in order to do that I have to be connected to the network at work via VPN. I have successfully made that too with the settings for VPN on my phone. It is a L2TP type of VPN.

The only downside at the moment is that I have to do 3 actions in a row manually, instead of one SIRI voice command for activating a shortcut.

The three actions are:

• turn on internet data - this is possible and I have found the action in shortcuts
  • turn on VPN - which I am still struggling to achieve
  • start the WakeOnLan app - it has a shortcut for it and I can add shortcuts to each other, so no problem here either

I have asked this question before, and they told me I should search the gallery. I have done it now and then with IOS 13 and still no result for that.

I tried with SIRI, but the responce was that it cannot change that setting...

All I want is to be able to flick this switch:

Is that too much to ask?

If this is not possible at the moment, how can I ask the developers make it that for me?

Thank you in advance :)

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:04 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

VPN with shortcut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.