Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck at installing Catalina

Finder isn’t responding anymore and I have the spinning wheel for 2 hours now. Installation window says it will install on disk but the bar isn’t moving and now everything isn’t responding. I already downloaded Catalina installer

and now I’m having unstable internet connection. Should I hard reboot or keep waiting?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 4:33 AM

Connect laptop to charger. Shutdown computer even if you have to Hold Power button for 10 seconds. Remove all attached devices. Power Up computer and Immediately Hold SHIFT Key. This is Safe mode so it will take much longer to load. If all goes well, the Upgrade process complete.

One more thing, have you verified if the MBA qualifies for Catalina?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 4:33 AM in response to Msc_123

Connect laptop to charger. Shutdown computer even if you have to Hold Power button for 10 seconds. Remove all attached devices. Power Up computer and Immediately Hold SHIFT Key. This is Safe mode so it will take much longer to load. If all goes well, the Upgrade process complete.

One more thing, have you verified if the MBA qualifies for Catalina?

Stuck at installing Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.