Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari

can you install safari browser on a windows 10 device?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 3:47 AM

Yes, you can download Safari for Windows 10Windows 8, and Windows 7 and install it with an ease. However, the catch is that Apple no longer develops Safari for the Windows operating system. This means that the latest version of Safari is not available for the Windows operating system.

to implement it see this article

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 3:47 AM in response to Jabott1299

Yes, you can download Safari for Windows 10Windows 8, and Windows 7 and install it with an ease. However, the catch is that Apple no longer develops Safari for the Windows operating system. This means that the latest version of Safari is not available for the Windows operating system.

to implement it see this article

Oct 30, 2020 6:06 PM in response to jeffreythefrog

Well, I don't do Windows, but even without reading the OSXdaily article, I would never recommend installing such an old version of a browser (or anything else). If I had wanted to answer the OP's question, I would have said "you can under certain circumstances, but it is not recommended due to security vulnerabilities".

Of course, this is a wild guess, but that may be the reason Apple will no longer recommend it. As well, we are not allowed to speculate....

Out of curiosity: why are you bolding all those words in your post? Makes for very difficult reading since there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it.

Oct 30, 2020 6:29 PM in response to babowa

hi babowa,

the words were bolded because i copied it from a page. i didn't even think about it and didn't realize it would cause it to be difficult to read. sorry. also, the article states exactly what you mention. it is not advisable to use such an outdated browser. and to that, i agree. it also states that if you need it for testing purposes as a developer, that's one thing, but it's not really recommended to be used as the main browser. and yes, i should have mentioned those things instead of hoping the OP would read the article. all i did was answer his question. thanks for the feedback.

Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.