Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappoint with new iOS14 changes to Apple Podcasts is strong

The newest version is not my friend. I need a clean easy way to see what’s next of the 20 podcasts I stream on Apple Podcasts.

The newest iOS14 update is a jumbled mess of unorganized without a way to clean it.

Why did Apple change all of the features that allow you to quickly and easily manage your upcoming and completed episode. I listened to it so why do I still have to see it? Get it out of my latest episodes area.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 6:09 AM

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I really liked the dead simple aspect of Podcasts vs. other podcast players. I can't believe what they have done to it. I wish they would add an option to toggle it back to just the simple playlist as before. To add to the annoyance, I had recently recommended Podcasts as the best choice for an older friend to get into listening to podcasts. He is now frustrated and understandably confused.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2020 6:09 AM in response to Kkickin

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I really liked the dead simple aspect of Podcasts vs. other podcast players. I can't believe what they have done to it. I wish they would add an option to toggle it back to just the simple playlist as before. To add to the annoyance, I had recently recommended Podcasts as the best choice for an older friend to get into listening to podcasts. He is now frustrated and understandably confused.

Oct 8, 2020 2:38 PM in response to Kkickin

There's also a huge bug with the new stuff. It sometimes duplicates partially listened podcasts in the Up Next section, and you can't get rid of them. Also for partially played episodes, There's a Mark as Unplayed option and then after you do that, there's a Mark as Played option, and then if you do that it's back and you can try to Mark as Unplayed again...

Really wish these apps would update like regular other apps. I fear that we will have to wait for an iOS update, though.

Disappoint with new iOS14 changes to Apple Podcasts is strong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.