Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overnight, some of my apps are showing a cloud beside their name. I must then download the app before being able to use it. Is this done automatically and WHY? Sometimes it’s one or two, other times it may be 10. Can I stop this from happening?

Overnight, some of my apps are showing a cloud beside their name. I must then download the app before being able to use it. Is this done automatically and WHY? Sometimes it’s one or two, other times it may be 10. Can I stop this from happening?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 6:59 AM

If you are getting low in storage and you have Offload Unused Apps enabled, this would explain why some apps are being offloaded to the cloud.

1. How much available space is on your iPhone?
  2. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Offload Unused Apps (it is on?)
1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.