Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prepare iMovie movie so that I can modify it after sharing?

I want to share an iMovie to a file as an mp4. Apparently there is a way to copy the movie before sharing so the copy can be modified after sharing the original. I haven't been able to succeed with that. Could someone spell out the step by step instructions for doing that?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 9:21 AM

Hi,

You can share out as many times as you want from a project, and still retain the project for further editing. However, as you mention, it is best first to make a duplicate of your original project and re-edit the duplicate so that you will always have your original project intact. You can make as many duplicates as you want.

To make a duplicate of a project go to the projects browser screen (where your projects are displayed as icons) and movie your cursor over the project title. A little circle with dots in it will appear to the right of the title. Click on the circle and a drop down menu will appear giving you the option to duplicate the project.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 9:21 AM in response to i2

Hi,

You can share out as many times as you want from a project, and still retain the project for further editing. However, as you mention, it is best first to make a duplicate of your original project and re-edit the duplicate so that you will always have your original project intact. You can make as many duplicates as you want.

To make a duplicate of a project go to the projects browser screen (where your projects are displayed as icons) and movie your cursor over the project title. A little circle with dots in it will appear to the right of the title. Click on the circle and a drop down menu will appear giving you the option to duplicate the project.

-- Rich

How to prepare iMovie movie so that I can modify it after sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.