Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine not working on Catalina

I just upgraded from Mojave to Catalina (10.15.7). I have Time Machine working well on Mojave, but now I am having problems.

The disk I am using is an external disk that attached through USB. The formatting of the drive is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and it checks out when I run First Aid.

What is the solution?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 7:05 PM

Lehman College wrote:

I just upgraded from Mojave to Catalina (10.15.7). I have Time Machine working well on Mojave, but now I am having problems.

Please describe those problems.

The formatting of the drive is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and it checks out when I run First Aid.

If you can't back up or restore your Mac using Time Machine - Apple Support suggests running Disk First Aid on the source volume as well:

• To check an external drive connected to your Mac, open Disk Utility from the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. Then use the First Aid feature in Disk Utility to verify your disk. Do this for your startup disk as well.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 7:05 PM in response to Lehman College

Lehman College wrote:

Please describe those problems.

The formatting of the drive is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and it checks out when I run First Aid.

If you can't back up or restore your Mac using Time Machine - Apple Support suggests running Disk First Aid on the source volume as well:

• To check an external drive connected to your Mac, open Disk Utility from the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. Then use the First Aid feature in Disk Utility to verify your disk. Do this for your startup disk as well.

Time Machine not working on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.