Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to update. my iPhone XR to IOS 14 and it has been stuck on verifying update for 3 hours now and I can't move my screen or anything.

How do I fix this verifying update problem? I have enough storage for IOS 14 and it still won't update. I have tried updating to iOS 14 for the longest but this time it got stuck on IOS 14 and my screen is frozen and I can't power off my phone because then it will call Emergency SOS.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 7:17 PM

Try a forced restart.

Press and quickly release the volume up button, then press and quickly release the volume down button. Then hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then let go of the button.

The phone will boot up and then you may be able to complete the update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 7:17 PM in response to magaly128

Try a forced restart.

Press and quickly release the volume up button, then press and quickly release the volume down button. Then hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then let go of the button.

The phone will boot up and then you may be able to complete the update.

I tried to update. my iPhone XR to IOS 14 and it has been stuck on verifying update for 3 hours now and I can't move my screen or anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.