Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need the older itunes versoin

hello today o ordered a iphone 3gs and i want it to be factory reset so i can put my own account on it and other stuff. i think the only was to do that is to use the itunes store and connect the phone to your computer. the problem with that is the only computer i have access to is the windows xp laptop writing this on. ive also done some research and the itunes store that is on the website dose not work with windows xp. the phone arrives October 5th. so please send the link before then thanks,

iPhone 3G S

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 9:44 PM

I believe that Windows XP is only 32 bit. At any rate, Apple still offers a version of iTunes that will run on Windows XP. Find it at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1614?locale=en_US.

That is great, but I have another question for you. The iPhone 3GS cannot communicate using 4G or LTE. Many networks are decommissioning their 3G and 2.5G networks to make way for their 5G network build-outs. Do you live in a country and subscribe to a carrier where 5G is still off in the future? If not, you may not get much service life out of your new phone.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 9:44 PM in response to Wbthehero

I believe that Windows XP is only 32 bit. At any rate, Apple still offers a version of iTunes that will run on Windows XP. Find it at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1614?locale=en_US.

That is great, but I have another question for you. The iPhone 3GS cannot communicate using 4G or LTE. Many networks are decommissioning their 3G and 2.5G networks to make way for their 5G network build-outs. Do you live in a country and subscribe to a carrier where 5G is still off in the future? If not, you may not get much service life out of your new phone.

i need the older itunes versoin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.