Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I watch movies downloaded on my iPhone from my Library on Apple TV App on Smart TV

I cannot watch movies downloaded on my iphone through AppleTV on the AppleTV app on my smart tv. Why?

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 8:27 AM

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV, you can access:

The Apple TV app on smart TVs does not support Home Sharing, nor personal videos in the cloud. Home Sharing would connect to networked computers, not to smart phones.

AirPlay may be supported on some of these TVs with the Apple TV app, but it is an independent feature.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 8:27 AM in response to STLBLUES1

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV, you can access:

The Apple TV app on smart TVs does not support Home Sharing, nor personal videos in the cloud. Home Sharing would connect to networked computers, not to smart phones.

AirPlay may be supported on some of these TVs with the Apple TV app, but it is an independent feature.

Why can't I watch movies downloaded on my iPhone from my Library on Apple TV App on Smart TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.