Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download and save my messages?

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 12:58 PM

Hello Glb3,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with downloading your Messages.

You have the option to sync your messages to all your device using iCloud: Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

If you need to email them or print them off, you can screenshot your messages and print, email, or AirDrop then to your computer. If you only need one Message, you can copy the information from it, and paste it into a note or document. These articles will help you decide which option works for you:

Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If these options do not work, you can look for a third-party app in the App Store that may suit your needs: Download apps and games from the App Store - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 12:58 PM in response to Glb3

Hello Glb3,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with downloading your Messages.

You have the option to sync your messages to all your device using iCloud: Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

If you need to email them or print them off, you can screenshot your messages and print, email, or AirDrop then to your computer. If you only need one Message, you can copy the information from it, and paste it into a note or document. These articles will help you decide which option works for you:

Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If these options do not work, you can look for a third-party app in the App Store that may suit your needs: Download apps and games from the App Store - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.