Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Fitness Steps don't match Apple Health app

Hi,

As the topic states, my Apple Fitness steps don't match my Apple Health app’s recorded steps. I have my Apple Watch and iPhone up to date, I have my Apple Watch set as priority (secondary is my iPhone) in the Apple Health App (Steps > Data Sources & Access > Data Sources). Today I was wearing my Apple Watch all day and had my phone on me at all times as I walked around the city and my watch states, 10,339 steps yet Apple Health app states, 6,140 steps. When I look at other apps that use this data, it pulls the 6,140 steps data and not what my Apple Watch Fitness app data. So which is correct? I’d assume my Apple Watch data since it’s always on me.

Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 7:15 AM

Same issue. It's been going on for months for me. I've unpaired my watch over and over and sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. I have gone through all the steps above. I was told by Apple that it might a Watch hardware issue, but it looks like many people are having this same issue. My watch appears to have all the correct data, it's my phone fitness and health that are not working properly. I can go hours without an update to my fitness circles on my phone. So frustrating! I don't have an Apple store anywhere near me. I was told to consult with Best Buy. They told me the watch is out of warranty (purchased 11/18) and that it would be $299 to ship to Apple to repair. My gut tells me that it's not the watch, it's a software glitch.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2020 7:15 AM in response to sethstylz

Same issue. It's been going on for months for me. I've unpaired my watch over and over and sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. I have gone through all the steps above. I was told by Apple that it might a Watch hardware issue, but it looks like many people are having this same issue. My watch appears to have all the correct data, it's my phone fitness and health that are not working properly. I can go hours without an update to my fitness circles on my phone. So frustrating! I don't have an Apple store anywhere near me. I was told to consult with Best Buy. They told me the watch is out of warranty (purchased 11/18) and that it would be $299 to ship to Apple to repair. My gut tells me that it's not the watch, it's a software glitch.

Oct 4, 2020 9:49 PM in response to Eric--F

Hey Eric,

Thank you for your reply. I went through all of the steps as listed in the order provided but to no avail. It sounds like a lot of people are having the same issue. Steps are synced between apple watch and apple watch fitness app on the iphone but they are not in-sync with the Apple health app. For some reason there is an inconsistency between the Apple Health App and the Fitness App. Hopefully there's a fix soon. Thanks for your help.

Oct 3, 2020 1:48 PM in response to sethstylz

Hello sethstylz,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Apple Watch. Exercise credit is based on different factors.

1. First, this article provides some information on accurate readings: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2. If you met those requirements and still have issue, make sure you are wearing your watch correctly. These two articles talk about wearing it, and the things that measure your heart rate affect other measurements as well:

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Monitoring your heart rate with Apple Watch - Apple Support

3. If you need more help, the next steps to calibrate your watch may be beneficial: First restart your Apple Watch: How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

4. Then restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5. Once this is done and the devices power back on, if your devices are not paired, use this article. If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

6. Then calibrate the watch using this article: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

7. If you need more help, please contact Apple Support: Contact Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Apple Fitness Steps don't match Apple Health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.