Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AVCHD (.MTS) file import into macOS Photos

Hi! When trying to import some AVCHD (.MTS) files into Photos 5.0 (macOS 10.15.7), I can see the videos thumbnails in the "Review for Import" preview page and select them to be imported. And when I click in "Import Selected", I can even see the importing counting in the task circle progressing... but no image is actually imported when the process is done and no alert/erro message is showed.

Any idea on how to get those files imported into my Photos library? Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 5:18 PM

Hello Inomata welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with AVCHD and the Photos app on a Mac.

The Photos app does not directly support importation of AVCHD files. However, iMovie for the Mac does support the format for a number of cameras.

iMovie for macOS supported cameras - Apple Support

Once you've imported to iMovie, you can export to a format that Photos does support or share it directly from iMovie.

Import, edit, and share movies in iMovie on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 5:18 PM in response to Inomata

Hello Inomata welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with AVCHD and the Photos app on a Mac.

The Photos app does not directly support importation of AVCHD files. However, iMovie for the Mac does support the format for a number of cameras.

iMovie for macOS supported cameras - Apple Support

Once you've imported to iMovie, you can export to a format that Photos does support or share it directly from iMovie.

Import, edit, and share movies in iMovie on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

AVCHD (.MTS) file import into macOS Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.