Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find my firmware password

how can I find my firmware password?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 1:07 PM

Forgotten Firmware Password

If you lost or forgot your firmware password - Apple Support.

If you forgot your firmware password, schedule an appointment with an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If needed find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 1:07 PM in response to Gracetatirosian

Forgotten Firmware Password

If you lost or forgot your firmware password - Apple Support.

If you forgot your firmware password, schedule an appointment with an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If needed find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple.

Sep 27, 2020 1:09 PM in response to Gracetatirosian

What mac do you have? How to clear the firmware password depends on what model of mac you have.

I don't think you can.

Most password algorithm work by encrypting the password before saving. When you enter a password to a password prompt, the password gets encrypted with the same algorithm as before. The encryptions are compared. When matched, you have the correct password. So, there is no easy way to get back to the original password from the encrypted password. I have no idea of how firmware passwords work.

R

How can I find my firmware password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.