You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Going full screen with an external monitor changes the screen colour in Youtube and other platforms.

I have this problem when connecting my MacBook Pro 13" to an external monitor, the colour change when going full screen in videos when web browsing.

this happens in all the browsers except Firefox. I noticed that the full screen mode is different because Firefox doesn't add another desktop like the other browsers when going full screen.

It happens all the time in chrome. In Safari It happens most of the time.

The screen is turning purple (the videos run with a purple background). This start to happen after the time toolbar is going down in the fullscreen mode.

I tried to change the cable, tried with other monitor (still the problem appears).

Important thing to mention that I have a friend with the same MacBook Pro as mine and he has the same problem.

Changing colour's display is a no go too.

I even tested it on my sister's AirBook, it doesn't happen to her (it works just fin).

hope someone can help me and my friend with this.

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 1:12 PM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2020 11:10 AM in response to sagyr1

Hi there sagyr1,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with the color changing on the external display when watching videos in web browsers, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

Do you experience the same issue when watching videos in full screen on the MacBook Pro itself, as well?

Also, try starting in safe mode, and check for the issue there: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Cheers!

Going full screen with an external monitor changes the screen colour in Youtube and other platforms.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.