Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina 10.15.7

Crashes and freezes are persistent in both my Macbook Air and MacBook Pro, both of which I have literally just taken out of the box less than three weeks ago. The Macbook Pro is running the latest update of Catalina: Catalina 10.15.7. The specs on this MacBook Pro are as follows: 13" 2020 MacBook Pro, with Four Thunderbolt 3 ports, a 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor, with 16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X of memory. Both the Air and this Pro freeze at extremely random times.

Below is a copy of the latest crash report on the MacBook Air, that took place just 20 minutes after the one before it. My IT department reimaged the MacBook Pro that I am currently writing this post from, but even after that, I am still seeing the freezes persist. I've never seen this many freezes, even when working off of my previous MacBook: a 2010 MacBook Pro running Mojave.

Please help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 10:20 PM

I suggest temporarily removing it and see if this stops the panic crashes. If it does, check to see that you are using their very latest version, and if you are, you may want to contact Google for assistance on this matter. It may be possible that they are not in "lock-step" with Apple's latest macOS release.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 10:20 PM in response to astramario

I suggest temporarily removing it and see if this stops the panic crashes. If it does, check to see that you are using their very latest version, and if you are, you may want to contact Google for assistance on this matter. It may be possible that they are not in "lock-step" with Apple's latest macOS release.

Sep 28, 2020 11:33 PM in response to Tesserax

I removed FileStream from the hard drive. So far, the mac is working just fine. I also went back to find other posts related to this same system associated crash between FileStream and Catalina 10.15.6, and I (embarrassingly) found your responses to another user on an earlier update to Catalina. I'm taking my MacBook Pro to an Apple Store in a few days. Do you know of any fixes for this?

Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.