Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organizing App Library

How do I organize the apps in my App Library into other catergories I want? And how do I change the App Library folder name?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 7:43 AM

You don't. The point of the App library is that it organizes things automatically.

If you want to have manual control over your apps, you can make your own folders on the regular Home pages and move apps into them.

How to move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

8 replies

Sep 30, 2020 10:34 AM in response to scottjoe

Start here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Just use the general iPhone feedback. Also, last I checked, they hadn't updated the drop down menu for the iOS version (for some reason it always takes them ages to do that). Don't worry about that, it's not a mandatory field. Just explain your thoughts in the text and it it will get to the right people.

Sep 29, 2020 9:23 AM in response to scottjoe

scottjoe wrote:

It does a pretty good job and I mostly love how out of the way they are. But there are a lot in totally wrong categories. I hope they get better over time

My guess is that Apple didn't want to have a huge number of categories. But, that's just a guess. I've watched Apple introduce new features before. They start out very basic and then, as they get a handle on exactly how people use them, they make changes. Originally, Do Not Disturb only worked if your phone was locked, Bedtime only allowed one alarm. I think the App Library has potential.

Organizing App Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.