Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Flash Player not working on new safari update Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610)

I really need to get a certain website to work: http://maps.ottawa.ca/geoottawa/ but in order for it to work I need Adobe Flash Play to run. I CANNOT get the plugin to work or even enable it. Ever since the safari update. It was working perfect before that. Running Version 14.0.

Any help appreciated!

iMac Pro

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 6:37 AM

Safari 14.0 removes support for Flash Player and it’s not coming back. As of 12/31/2020 Adobe will stop developing, updating, patching of Flash Player and will no longer distribute it either. The following link is Adobe’s statement on the EOL (end of life) fo Flash.

Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page

Adobe strongly recommends users uninstall Flash as soon as possible. After 12/31/2020 all browsers will start to remove support for Flash. Adobe gave developers THREE YEARS notice this was coming and now it is here. Adobe even states it will begin blocking Flash media from playing. If the website you visit still uses Flash all bets are off after December.

Finally, after Flash is officially killed any offer of a download of Flash will be fake and probably loaded with Malware as Adobe will no longer offer it on their website for download.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 6:37 AM in response to Christine417

Safari 14.0 removes support for Flash Player and it’s not coming back. As of 12/31/2020 Adobe will stop developing, updating, patching of Flash Player and will no longer distribute it either. The following link is Adobe’s statement on the EOL (end of life) fo Flash.

Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page

Adobe strongly recommends users uninstall Flash as soon as possible. After 12/31/2020 all browsers will start to remove support for Flash. Adobe gave developers THREE YEARS notice this was coming and now it is here. Adobe even states it will begin blocking Flash media from playing. If the website you visit still uses Flash all bets are off after December.

Finally, after Flash is officially killed any offer of a download of Flash will be fake and probably loaded with Malware as Adobe will no longer offer it on their website for download.

Oct 11, 2020 11:45 AM in response to Christine417

I second the other comments made here. Additionally, I offer the following to consider. The issue may not be Flash Player. The web site developers have to make their sites compatible with current versions of browsers. Some sites will only work with certain versions of specific browsers. There is nothing we can do to change that. Often, the only solution (other than waiting for them to update their site) is to use another browser that will work.

Adobe Flash Player not working on new safari update Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.