Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv error code (-100)

When I connecting to wifi, Apple tv doesnt ask for password, shows error code -100

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 3:15 PM

When I was trying to fix this, I read somewhere that turning off IPv6 (I think it’s under the advanced section of Eero settings) fixed it for them. I would also try to restore the Apple TV to factory settings (which requires internet connection... so maybe if you have an Eero that isn’t connected to your modem, bring that to TV temporarily and connect Ethernet. Also have I guess I should mention that when I did this and fixed it by turning off WPA3, at first it complained again with the error, but when I clicked the center button on the remote, it finally let me enter the password. Hopefully you can get it working!

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 3:15 PM in response to JJAlex

When I was trying to fix this, I read somewhere that turning off IPv6 (I think it’s under the advanced section of Eero settings) fixed it for them. I would also try to restore the Apple TV to factory settings (which requires internet connection... so maybe if you have an Eero that isn’t connected to your modem, bring that to TV temporarily and connect Ethernet. Also have I guess I should mention that when I did this and fixed it by turning off WPA3, at first it complained again with the error, but when I clicked the center button on the remote, it finally let me enter the password. Hopefully you can get it working!

Oct 4, 2020 7:05 PM in response to Raja1027

Hello Raja1027,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're getting an error when you try to connect your Apple TV to the Wi-Fi, and we'd be happy to help.

We'd recommend following each of the steps and recommendations found in the following resource:

If your Apple TV won't connect to Wi-Fi

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Apple tv error code (-100)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.