Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone "Personal Hotspot" - Does not meet field worker requirements

I am helping to support a group of field workers. These workers are supplied with a corporate phone and for cost saving reasons the corporate laptop has had cellular services removed.

The users work very dynamically. At one point they may be sitting in a vehicle for an hour working. At another point they may walk away from the vehicle for an hour taking their smartphone with them and while their laptop sits in the vehicle.

I note here we are not concerned with power saving on the iPhones and data use is not a concern either as usage for business is not problematic. All the devices are newer models iPhone 8 and higher with o/s 13. I have advised staff to upgrade to 13.7, 14 is off the books for the time being.

Users are complaining they expend significant time reconnecting the iPhone hotspot. Essentially, at any point a user toggles the Hotspot on & off to reconnect is wasting employee resources/cycles.

***I note that Samsung Android devices include an option to turn mange "Hotspot Timeout"***

This includes an option for Never Timeout.

How do we get an iPhone hotspot to stay on…. always. Like what can be done with Android?

Thank you,

Tony H.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 10:06 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

iPhone "Personal Hotspot" - Does not meet field worker requirements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.