Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing

Apple has such good customer service that I thought I would notify you there is a phishing email going around from the App Store and some people might not recognize it when they see the download box. Internet savvy people know when you have a download square,it’s something wrong. It’s just says from App Store and has some BS purchase number or whatever but it has a download box. I sent an email back telling them some things but it doesn’t receive emails. Just trying to help.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 11:40 AM

6 replies

Sep 28, 2020 2:15 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Yes but a lot of elderly people aren’t Davy enough to understand. I’ve actually gotten IP addresses and sent them to Apple per their request so I’m familiar with this and it’s in high gear because everyone is sitting around. I don’t know about you ,but my parents have iPhones and I don’t want someone from Africa or India or Indiana to get their banking information. It’s happened before. 75-80 year olds aren’t internet savvy genius.

Sep 28, 2020 2:23 PM in response to DinJarin

75-80 year olds aren’t internet savvy geniuses.

It may not be a technology that generation grew up with, but anyone can learn at any age. It's just a matter of wanting to. I'm not exactly a spring chicken anymore, either.

Learning about such scams isn't difficult. The info is everywhere. On the televised news, newspapers, AARP's web site and magazine mailings, and tons of it on the Internet in general.

I've gotten three spam calls today spouting automated nonsense (with happy, happy music playing in the background). Same one with a woman speaking Chinese, Japanese, Hmong, or other Asian dialect. No idea why they'd be calling me. I have no idea what they're even saying.

A better one (also today) started out with, "This is the Customs & Imports Security division…". Don't know what other ridiculous junk followed that because I hung up.

Phishing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.